Before creating your report type/s, have a read of our best practice article that may conceptualise the necessity of report types for your operations.
Creating a report type can be done in two places:
- Activities Console
- Session Creation Screen
- Click "Create Report Type'
2. Click "New Report Type"
3. Give your report type a name and a description (the description section is optional and can be helpful if you need to give instructions about this particular report type).
4. Start adding some fields to your report type. Keep in mind, reports are captured post an activity's session and Volaby will always ask the reporter the start time, end time and the attendance for that activity. The report submission also includes a space for the reporter to leave any additional comments of feedback, but this is optional. Because of this, there is no need to construct felids that refer to the operational timings, volunteer attendance or general feedback. Fields are impact measurement points.
There are 7 field types that capture different data points Volaby:
- Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down
- 5-Star Rating
Each field type is best used for different data points. When thinking about constructing your fields, think about how you would like that data exported in the future. Each field also allows for a description, but this is purely optional but may help the reporter understand what data you are looking for the field name.
If you have a lot of fields that need to be in the report, consider "Add Heading" to break up the volume and give the report type structure, but this is completely optional.
See our best practices guide for a break down of each field type, use of headings and descriptions to therefore see how it might best fit your operations.
It is important to remember that volunteers who have been rostered on to that activity attached with this report, can submit the report. This is a conversation best had with your volunteers in orientation or inductions therefore they are aware of this responsibility, or if you would prefer that your management team fill this out.
Session Creation Screen
Sometimes when you are creating an activity as well as its sessions, you may discover that the report type/s you have in your Report Type bank doesn't fit what you are creating. If this does happen, you have the ability to create a new report type "on the fly". This is also where you might get to when you create an activity for the very first time
- Click "Create New Report Type"
Which will drop down a screen displayed below:
- Create your report type as you would in the previous steps starting with a name and continuing with field types.
- Save your new report type and it will be saved in the Report Type Bank with any others.
It is important to note that only Admins of Volaby (highest level of permission) can create and edit reports. Program Managers, although they can create activities, cannot create or edit report types.