When it comes to the Volunteer Database we have added a lot of functionality to ensure that you can access the most amount of information about your volunteers. The information you can take out of the volunteer database is at good as your set up. For example, if you need to find someone's emergency contact details, but don't ask this in the volunteer onboarding step, then you won't be able to gain access to it. If you would like to add anything to your volunteer onboarding set up, see our article here.
- Name: (Preferred name, last name) or (first name, last name) if there is no preferred name
- Email: the email associated the volunteer’s account on Volaby. All relevant Volaby emails will be sent to the email address
- Phone: the volunteer’s phone number
- Programs: all the programs that the volunteer is currently enrolled in. Volunteers can belong to one or more than one programs.
- Privilege Level: what permission do they have in Volaby
- Statuses: a way of understanding what your volunteers have completed in Volaby
- Created: when their application was approved in Volaby by a manager
- Comments: a space for you to leave comments pertaining to the volunteer only visible to Program Managers (of programs the volunteer is enrolled in) and Admins
- Show: where you can switch your view between Active, Retired and Flagged & Exited volunteers
- Columns: in the Filter table you can select which of the above default columns to focus on (this might be really helpful for auditing)
- Impact: drop down this menu to see more views of your volunteers' individual contribution to the organisation
- Tasks: see at a glance the submissions of the volunteers' onboarding (a really good way to see expiry dates of qualifications at a glance)
Volunteer states refer to their activeness in Volaby actioned by a manager. You can use the Status column to see their last action in Volaby, but to change their state, you will need to action this.
- Active: currently that volunteer can log in and show availabilities to be rostered/reported on
- Retired: this volunteer will not be able to log in until reactivated by an admin (reverse the below actioning steps to achieve this)
- Flagged & Exited: this volunteer has been exited from your organisation and therefore flagged against attempting to log back in or re-apply
Actioning the States
- Click on the volunteer who's state you would like to change
- Click on the 3 horizontal dots in the top right corner
- Click the new state of choice
N.B: Flagging & Exiting is an action that cannot be undone.
Decide whether you would like a CSV of your active volunteers, or your whole database.
- Active Volunteers List is the default list
- Hit the cloud icon to download the list into your downloads folder
- Click on Active Volunteers to bring up the dropdown options and click onto All Volunteers this will bring up a list of your volunteers Active, Retired and Flagged & Exited volunteers
- There are quite a few filtering options available to you to export General Volunteer Data (email address, contact number, etc) Impact = volunteer contributions at an individual level Tasks = what they each submitted at the time of their onboarding
- Depending on what you need to export, use the above filters and their toggles to visualise the data
- Once visualised, export using the Cloud icon. This will export the file to a CSV which can be imported to a spreadsheet or reporting system of your choosing.
Hint: Use the Columns icon to collapse or view certain columns which may help your view.